Dream realised for Waverley medico
“My vision was always to open a one- stop medical centre service for patients for whenever they require care.” The speaker is Dr Alan Cunneen, the founder and proprietor of Waverley Family Healthcare, Pinewood, one of the biggest medical businesses in the south-eastern suburbs.
Alan opened Waverley Family Healthcare in 1987 with Alan then being the sole practitioner. In 2017 the Centre underwent a major refurbishment with extra rooms built to accommodate a range of specialist services, extending the facility from seven rooms to an additional 15 consulting rooms. Waverley Family Healthcare boasts 14 general practitioners, 15 receptionists and three managers, providing general practice care.
• Dorevitch Pathology have been with the practice for many years and extended their hours when the extension was complete providing all the patient’s needs within pathology
• Azari Chiropractors, who have been established at the premises for over 20 years, are now running their business in the new extension
• MIA Radiology came on board as part of the new vision to provide x-ray services for our patients
• Waverley Dental Clinic are open providing excellent dental services.
• All Ears Audiology – Mini Gupta provides several services within audiology, is a local community member, and based at the clinic full-time.
• Two psychologists, Efrat Zion and Didah Garcia, both practice part-time from the clinic, providing care for a range of patients
• Silk Medical Administration run their specialist service from Level 1 of the facility.
Drs Alan Cunneen, Mini Gupta and Janaki Gamage.
The practice is fully AGPAL accredited which ensures the public we are following government standards and all the doctors are vocationally registered to ensure a high standard of medical care.
We also cater for a huge range of foreign languages that are spoken, ensuring the highest quality of care is provided for everyone.
The Waverley Private Hospital is located less than a kilometre from the Centre.
Practice manager Nikki said that Waverley Family Healthcare was akin to a ‘one stop shop’.“You can come in and see a doctor,
you can get an x-ray, you can get your blood tests done and book various other healthcare appointments all under one roof,” she said.
For the complete range of specialist services at Waverley Family Healthcare visit the website